AWA Trains Commercially Employable Pilots!
At Australian Wings Academy we don’t simply aim to produce qualified pilots, we aim to produce commercially employable pilots. Utilising new generation training aircraft, a specially developed integrated PPL and CPL syllabus, blended learning methodologies and boasting some of the most experienced instructors and management staff in the country, our reputation for producing highly trained, professional pilots now precedes us.
Flying schools aren’t all the same! While each may have the ability to train you for the licence or rating you seek, the aircraft, instructor experience, syllabus design and delivery methods between different schools are considerably different.
AWA is becoming increasingly in demand by charter operators looking for pilots that are job ready. The feedback that we receive is that our systems and training provides employers with a great quality and high standard of pilot. AWA graduates are commercially prepared which gives the employer a good foundation to work on.
- Undergo the Symbiotics Adapt online pilot aptitude assessment
- Be 18 years of age at the time of receiving the qualification
- Hold a CASA Class 1 Medical
The on-line Symbiotics Adapt assessment would be at a cost to the candidate and would take approximately 1.5 hours to complete. The assessment is designed to give you an early indication of your potential ability to pilot an aircraft. It contains elements to assess personality, skills and motivation.
If you would like to express interest in any of our courses just fill in the online application form and we will send you further information.
Course Fee Options
Domestic students have the option of funding the training themselves or if eligible using the VET Loan Scheme to have all or part of their tuition fees paid for them by the Australian Government in the form of a loan.
You may be eligible for the VET Loan Scheme if you:
- are an Australian citizen OR a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be a resident of Australia for the duration of the unit of study;
- are undertaking study as a full fee paying student OR a subsidised student in a ‘reform state or territory’;
- have read the VET Loan Scheme information booklet;
- have met the tax file number requirements;
- have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit
Just visit the VET Loan Scheme page for more details on the loan scheme.
What is the Course Schedule?
Schedule for students that don’t hold a PPL (Private Pilot Licence)
(you might have completed some training at another school OR you may have had no training whatsoever)
- 21st August 2017
- 16th October 2017
- 4th December 2017
Schedule for students that hold a CPL (Commercial Pilot Licence):
What else do I need to know?
- Frequently asked questions
- Australian Wings Academy’s Statement of VET Tuition Assurance
- Student Review Policy and Procedure
- Academic & Non-Academic Grievance Policies