AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence)
CRICOS number 070430J
The Commercial Pilot Licence is the minimum qualification required to pilot an aeroplane for hire or reward. Australian Wings Academy offer a unique scenario based training syllabus utilising blended learning methodologies and boast some of the most experienced instructors and management staff in the country. Our reputation for producing highly trained professional pilots now precedes us.
Once you have completed the Commercial Licence you can commence the Diploma of Aviation AVI50415 (Instrument Flight Operations) course.
- Acceptable level of English
- Pass a CASA Class 1 medical examination with a CASA Designated Aviation Medical examiner.
- Be 18 years or older to obtain a Commercial Pilot Licence (but you can complete all areas of your training before you turn 18).
- AWA has a unique syllabus that requires full time attendance
- Complete approximately 157 hours of flying training including:
- 82 hours dual flight training
- 70 hours solo flight time
- 5 hours synthetic flight time
- Each lesson consists of a pre flight briefing of up to an hour and a post flight debrief
- Each flying lesson will be 1-4 hours duration
- Ground school theory
Australian Wings Academy offers an integrated Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL).The course duration is 52 weeks, this includes 157 flight hours. Successful students will receive the (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) CASA Commercial Pilot Licence.
- Private Pilot Licence test (after approximately 48 hours)
- CPL Flight Test (After approx 160 hours)
Full ground school theory which includes Basic Aeronautical Knowledge (BAK), PPL Theory Course, CPL Theory Courses for all 7 subjects
Included in Course Fee
- All flights, instructor time, briefings, landings and airways charges
- Theory books
- Navigation equipment, maps and charts
- One attempt at each theory exam and flight test
CPL Exams – these exams are conducted at the CASA/ASL exam centre in Brisbane
Australian Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL)