The Australian Wings Academy Fleet
Australian Wings Academy boasts a mix of some of the most modern single and multi engine training aircraft available.
All our aircraft are robust trainers allowing productive mutual training catering for beginners to advanced pilots requiring IFR or Multi-Engine Training.
Flight Management Software
AWA uses state of the art Flight Management software from Canada to track student records, aircraft maintenance and accounting. Key features include:
Instructors and students are able to see their flight schedule (Bookings) at a glance
The flight is assessed by the instructor in the air and during post flight brief
All comments are recorded
Competencies are embedded in the system to ensure quality training
Booking system tracks aircraft maintenance, offers reminders when licences, ratings and medicals need renewing
It is linked to our accounting system for financial records keeping
Our simulator provides more flexibility and adds additional dimension to a students training by reproducing the dynamic response of an aircraft in a real-time and interactive manner. Sophisticated mathematical models in the flight simulation program represent the physical properties of aircraft and ambient air which enables the flight simulator to react accurately to each input. By incorporating flight simulation into our offer, we aim at improving our students training and readiness for instances that are safer to experience in a controlled environment prior to the real life event such as wind shear and mechanical failures.
AWA is committed to the concept of “Transfer of Learning” and as such operates the simulator as a LOFT device. All exercises start and end on the “ramp” as with the jet type rating conversion – the student treats the exercise as a real flight. This concept has proved to be very cost effective with maximum transfer and thus minimum time in the aircraft.
- Full control loading feedback and a 280deg wrap around visual system
- Dual Instrument displays to continue the mutual training concept as well as separate instructor station and observer jump seat
- Response of aircraft is represented by images on screen, instrument readings and motion cue systems which can be seen and felt by human pilot
- Equipped with autopilot flight director system and FMS similar to that of modern aircraft allowing AWA to introduce these concepts should the client require
- Easily upgraded to a jet or turbine training platform to allow advanced training and CRM/MCC training